The mission of the William Hillcourt Museum and Carson Buck Memorial Library is to preserve the
history of Boy Scouting in Central New York and to tell the story of Boy Scouting in the USA and the
world. The museum has on display thousands of items highlighting Scouting
both locally and around the world.
Our displays include:
1910 Boy Scout uniform
1910’s Assistant Scoutmaster uniform
1920’s leader’s uniform with early rank patches and merit badges
“Green Bar Bill” personal items and artifacts
Large local Order of the Arrow collections
1929 World Jamboree uniform and items from other World Jamborees
Extensive local Boy Scout camps collection including many rare items
Air Scout uniform and other items
Massive local council strip and event patch collection
Lone Scout display
Rare Sea Scout uniforms and other items
Large Eagle Scout Collection
Impressive Region 2 collection
Early 1930’s Cub Scout uniform and Cub Scout display
Genuine can of dehydrated water
The museum also has an extensive collection of historical documents
which are open to scouting researchers.
The museum is open on Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and by appointment.
Please contact John Binkowski at for more information.
We look forward to your visit.