ABOUT US

The mission of the William Hillcourt Museum and Carson Buck Memorial Library is to preserve the history of Boy Scouting in Central New York and to tell the story of Boy Scouting in the USA and the world. The museum has on display thousands of items highlighting Scouting both locally and around the world.

 

Our displays include:

  • 1910 Boy Scout uniform

  • 1910’s Assistant Scoutmaster uniform

  • 1920’s leader’s uniform with early rank patches and merit badges

  • “Green Bar Bill” personal items and artifacts

  • Large local Order of the Arrow collection

  • 1929 World Jamboree uniform and items from other World Jamboree

  • Extensive local Boy Scout camps collection including many rare items

  • Air Scout uniform and other items

  • Massive local council strip and event patch collection

  • Lone Scout display

  • Rare Sea Scout uniforms and other items

  • Large Eagle Scout Collection

  • Impressive Region 2 collection

  • Early 1930’s Cub Scout uniform and Cub Scout display

  • Genuine can of dehydrated water

  • The museum also has an extensive collection of historical documents which are open to scouting researchers.

 

The museum is open on Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM and by appointment.

Please contact John Binkowski at jbinkowski@twcny.rr.com for more information.

 

We look forward to your visit.

HISTORY

CURRENT

STATUS

LOCATION

  • Facebook Camp Woodland

© 2023 WILLIAMHILLCOURTMUSEUM.ORG