When the Syracuse Council was formed in December 1915, the Council office was located at 619 South Clinton St. where it had been located for the prior two years. However, on December 30, 1915 the offices were moved to 618 and 619 S. A. & K. Building, located at 201 East Washington St. The moving was accomplished by having scouts move the furniture and files. Originally known as the Granger Block, the building is a unique triangular structure completely filling out the block it stands on. First built in 1842, the building burned in 1849, was rebuilt, and burned a second time. The present building was completed in 1867 with four floors. Three more floors were added in 1894. In 1898 the law firm of Sedgwick, Andrews and Kennedy purchased the building, and it became known as the S. A. & K. Building. Presently, the building is referred to as City Hall Commons and has an attached glass atrium.
In October 1920, the Syracuse Council again packed it's bags and moved to 445 South Warren Street. A small, two story building, it is still there and is located just north of East Onondaga Street on the east side of South Warren Street. The building is opposite the southernmost Warren Street Entrance to the Atrium.
In 1943 the now Onondaga Council moved again, this time to the Keith Building, home of the B. F. Keith Theater (aka RKO Keith's), located at 400 South Salina Street. The executive board on May 13, 1943 approved the move and agreed to a rent of $800.00 per year for the following five years. The theater was built in 1920 and was billed as "The Most Magnificent Theatre in All The Universe". It seated 2548. In 1925 the Wurlitzer Co. installed a three manual 11 rank theatre organ, opus 1143. The building was torn down in the 1970's due to urban renewal.
The Onondaga Council moved again in 1956 to 107 James St. The building still exists and is located on the corner of James Street and North Salina Street. At that time the building housed a number of non-profit organizations and was known for a time as the Community Chest Building. The council phone number was GRanite 4 - 8574. The building is now known as the Clinton Square Building.
The next move was to a rented space at 600 West Genesee St. This location lasted 20 years, from October 1967 to October 1997.
113 Twin Oaks Drive became the Council home in November 1997 until its recent move to 2003 Brewerton Road, Mattydale.